On this page you can download European Union notification certificates using the EU-CEG computer system for all DEA brand products that for this reason can be bought and sold after 20 May, 2017.
What is TPD?
The Tobacco Products Directive 2014/40 / EU (TPD) will enter definitively into force on 20 May 2017: as of this date it will no longer be possible to market products which do not comply with this Directive. Compliance relates to different aspects of the product, such as the content, the packaging and the information leaflet. Concerning the content, the following are the most important points:
- maximum 10ml bottle;
- maximum 2 ml disposable electronic cigarettes;
- maximum 2 ml disposable cartridges;
- nicotine concentration not exceeding 20 mg/ml;
- no additives (e.g. caffeine, taurine, vitamins)
- only ingredients of high purity
- no toxic substance other than nicotine
A further decision of the European Commission states that the liquid refill containers must meet the following requirements:
- child proof cap;
- length of dropper at least 9 mm;
- when the vial is in an upright position without the cap, it must not lose more than 20 drops per minute at only atmospheric pressure;
- the width of the dosing needle must be stated on the label, on the packaging and the package leaflet.
The Directives does not provide specifications regarding purity and the possible presence of traces of potentially toxic substances, leaving this difficult task to the drafting of technical standards. For two years, the European Committee for Standardisation has been working on drafting this instrument, but the road is still long.
DEA Flavor is actively participating in the drafting of these rules in order to guarantee its customers an increasingly safe product.